Business Setup in (DHCC)
Get a Quotation
Business Setup in (DHCC)
Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) is a prominent healthcare free zone located in the heart of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It was established in 2002 with the vision to become a globally recognized hub for healthcare excellence and medical tourism.
DHCC offers a unique ecosystem that brings together healthcare providers, academic institutions, research centers, and support services to promote innovation, collaboration, and the delivery of high-quality healthcare services. It spans over 4.1 million square feet and provides a comprehensive range of medical facilities and services.
One of the key advantages of DHCC is its strategic location, which allows easy access to major transportation hubs and puts it in close proximity to Dubai’s business districts. This accessibility makes it convenient for patients, healthcare professionals, and businesses to operate within the free zone.
DHCC is home to numerous healthcare facilities, including hospitals, clinics, specialized centers, and diagnostic laboratories. These facilities cover a wide range of medical specialties and offer advanced healthcare services using the latest technologies and treatment methodologies.
In addition to its healthcare facilities, DHCC is dedicated to fostering medical education and research. It houses several academic institutions and research centers, providing a platform for continuous learning, training, and knowledge exchange among healthcare professionals.
Moreover, DHCC actively promotes medical tourism by offering an integrated healthcare experience for international patients seeking specialized treatments. The free zone provides comprehensive support services, including visa assistance, accommodation, transportation, and language interpretation, ensuring a seamless and comfortable experience for patients coming from abroad.
DHCC’s commitment to excellence is reflected in its stringent regulatory framework that ensures patient safety, quality of care, and ethical practices. The free zone follows internationally recognized standards and guidelines, attracting renowned healthcare professionals and organizations from around the world.
Overall, Dubai Healthcare City stands as a thriving healthcare ecosystem that combines cutting-edge medical facilities, academic excellence, research capabilities, and a patient-centric approach. It continues to play a significant role in shaping the healthcare landscape in Dubai and the broader UAE, making it an ideal destination for healthcare providers, investors, and patients alike.
What is the Process Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC)
The process of setting up a business in Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) typically involves the following steps:
Determine the Business Activity: Identify the type of healthcare-related business activity you want to establish in DHCC. This can include hospitals, clinics, medical centers, pharmaceutical companies, research institutions, and more.
Business Plan and Feasibility Study: Prepare a detailed business plan and feasibility study outlining your proposed activities, financial projections, and the viability of your venture. This will help you assess the potential success of your business.
Choose a License Type: DHCC offers several license types, such as healthcare, education, research, and retail. Select the appropriate license type based on your business activity and requirements.
Register a Legal Entity: To operate in DHCC, you need to register a legal entity. This involves selecting a company structure, such as a free zone establishment (FZE), free zone company (FZCO), or branch of an existing company. Follow the registration process and provide the necessary documentation.
Lease Office Space: DHCC provides a variety of office spaces tailored to healthcare businesses. Choose a suitable office or clinic space based on your requirements and lease it from the designated authorities. Ensure compliance with all regulations and guidelines regarding facility standards.
Obtain Approvals and Permits: Depending on your business activity, you may require specific approvals and permits from relevant authorities. These may include healthcare permits, clinical approvals, pharmaceutical permits, and certifications. Comply with all necessary regulations and guidelines.
Hire Qualified Staff: DHCC emphasizes the importance of hiring qualified healthcare professionals. Ensure that your staff members meet the necessary licensing and qualification requirements to practice in Dubai. This includes doctors, nurses, technicians, and other healthcare personnel.
Commence Operations: Once you have completed all the necessary steps and obtained the required approvals, you can start your operations in DHCC. Adhere to the regulations, standards, and guidelines set by DHCC and other relevant authorities.
It’s important to note that the specific requirements and procedures may vary based on the nature of your business activity and any recent updates to the DHCC regulations. It’s advisable to consult with the DHCC authorities or engage with a business setup consultant for detailed and up-to-date information.
Documents Required To Register A Company In Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC)
To set up a business in Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC), you will typically need the following documents:
- Application Form: Complete the application form provided by DHCC, providing accurate and detailed information about your business and proposed activities.
- Business Plan: Prepare a comprehensive business plan outlining your company’s objectives, services, target market, marketing strategies, financial projections, and any other relevant information.
- Passport Copies: Submit clear copies of the passport pages of the company’s shareholders, directors, and managers.
- Certificate of Incorporation: If your company is already established, provide a copy of the certificate of incorporation or registration from the relevant authority in the UAE or the country of origin.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association: Submit a copy of your company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association (MOA) or similar founding documents, which outline the structure, purpose, and regulations of the company.
- Proof of Address: Provide a proof of address for your company, such as a recent utility bill or tenancy agreement.
- Qualification Certificates: For healthcare professionals, submit copies of their educational qualification certificates, degrees, and any relevant certifications.
- Experience Certificates: If applicable, provide experience certificates demonstrating the relevant experience of the healthcare professionals involved in the business.
- Partnership Agreement (if applicable): If your business is a partnership, provide a copy of the partnership agreement detailing the rights, responsibilities, and profit-sharing arrangements among partners.
- Financial Statements: Submit audited financial statements for the past two years (if applicable) to demonstrate the financial stability and viability of your business.
- Insurance Certificates: Provide copies of professional liability insurance or any other relevant insurance policies, if required.
Advantages of registering a company in Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC)
- Strategic Location: DHCC is situated in the heart of Dubai, a global business and travel hub. Its proximity to major transportation hubs and business districts makes it easily accessible for patients, healthcare professionals, and businesses alike.
- Healthcare Ecosystem: DHCC provides a comprehensive healthcare ecosystem that brings together healthcare providers, research institutions, educational facilities, and support services. This environment fosters collaboration, innovation, and networking opportunities.
- Infrastructure and Facilities: DHCC offers state-of-the-art infrastructure and modern facilities, including hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and specialized treatment facilities. These facilities are equipped with advanced technologies and equipment to deliver high-quality healthcare services.
- Regulatory Framework: DHCC operates under a robust regulatory framework that ensures patient safety, ethical practices, and adherence to international standards. This framework provides a sense of credibility and trust for businesses operating within the free zone.
- Networking and Collaboration: Being part of DHCC allows businesses to connect with a diverse community of healthcare professionals, experts, and organizations. This facilitates networking opportunities, partnerships, and collaborations, leading to mutual growth and development.
- Business Support Services: DHCC offers a range of business support services, including administrative assistance, licensing support, visa services, and access to professional networks. These services streamline the establishment and operation of businesses in the free zone.
- Research and Innovation: DHCC promotes research and innovation in healthcare. It houses academic institutions, research centers, and innovation hubs that facilitate research collaborations, clinical trials, and the development of new healthcare solutions.
- Medical Tourism Potential: DHCC plays a significant role in promoting medical tourism in Dubai. The free zone provides a seamless and integrated experience for international patients, offering specialized treatments, support services, and a world-class healthcare infrastructure.
- Government Support: DHCC benefits from the support and backing of the Dubai government, which is committed to developing a thriving healthcare sector. This support includes favorable policies, investment incentives, and initiatives to attract global talent and businesses.
- Reputation and Branding: Being associated with DHCC enhances the reputation and branding of healthcare businesses. The free zone’s international