Business Setup in Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) Freezone
Get a Quotation
Business Setup in Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) Freezone
The Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) is a free zone located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It was established in 2002 and has grown into a major business hub for various industries, particularly in the commodities sector.
DMCC offers a wide range of services and facilities to businesses looking to set up their operations in Dubai. It provides infrastructure, licensing, and regulatory support to companies operating in sectors such as gold, diamonds, precious metals, tea, coffee, energy, and many others.
As a free zone, DMCC provides businesses with several advantages, including 100% foreign ownership, zero personal and corporate tax, full repatriation of capital and profits, and easy company setup processes. It also offers state-of-the-art infrastructure, world-class facilities, and a vibrant business community.
DMCC has become a leading destination for companies looking to expand their presence in the Middle East and North Africa region. It has a strong reputation for its regulatory framework, business-friendly environment, and its commitment to promoting trade and investment.
Whether you’re a multinational corporation or a startup, DMCC offers a range of solutions tailored to your business needs. From office spaces and warehouses to licensing and visa services, DMCC provides comprehensive support to facilitate the growth and success of businesses in Dubai.
What is the Process Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC)
The process of setting up a business in the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) involves several steps. Here’s an overview of the general process:
- Initial Enquiry: The first step is to contact DMCC and express your interest in setting up a business in the free zone. You can reach out to their representatives or submit an online inquiry form to get started.
- Business Activity and Company Name: You will need to define your business activity and propose a name for your company. It’s important to ensure that your proposed activity aligns with the approved list of activities provided by DMCC.
- Application Submission: Once you have finalized your business activity and company name, you will need to submit an application to DMCC. This application typically includes details such as the type of company, shareholders’ information, and the desired office space.
- Office Space Selection: DMCC offers a range of office spaces to choose from. You can select the size and location that best suits your business needs. It’s important to note that having a physical office space within DMCC is a requirement for company formation.
- Licensing and Documentation: After selecting your office space, you will proceed with the licensing and documentation process. This includes submitting the necessary legal documents, such as the Memorandum of Association, Articles of Association, and shareholder passports and visas, among others.
- Background Checks and Due Diligence: DMCC will conduct background checks and due diligence on the shareholders and directors of the proposed company. This is a standard procedure to ensure compliance and maintain the integrity of the free zone.
- License Issuance: Once the documentation and due diligence process is complete, DMCC will issue the trade license for your company. This license enables you to conduct business activities within DMCC.
- Visa Processing: If you require residency visas for yourself and your employees, you can initiate the visa application process through DMCC. They will provide the necessary guidance and support for visa processing.
- Bank Account Opening: To operate your business effectively, you will need to open a corporate bank account. DMCC can provide guidance on the selection of banking partners and assist you in the account opening process.
- Company Registration and Operations: Once you have obtained your trade license, visas, and bank account, your company is officially registered and ready to commence operations within DMCC. You can start operating your business, hiring employees, and accessing the various facilities and services offered by the free zone.
It’s important to note that the specific requirements and processes may vary depending on the type of company, the business activity, and other factors. Working closely with DMCC representatives or engaging with a reputable business setup service provider can help ensure a smooth and efficient process.
Remember to consult with DMCC directly or seek professional advice to get the most accurate and up-to-date information tailored to your specific requirements.
Documents Required To Register A Company In Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC)
To set up a business in the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC), you will need to submit certain documents as part of the application process. Here are the common documents required:
- Application Form: You will need to fill out the DMCC application form, providing details about your proposed business, shareholders, directors, and other relevant information.
- Passport Copies: You will need to provide clear copies of the passports of all shareholders, directors, and authorized signatories. The copies should include the personal details page and should be valid for at least six months.
- Visa Eligibility: If you require residency visas, you may need to provide additional documents such as passport-sized photographs, attested educational certificates, and relevant work experience documents for each visa applicant.
- Memorandum of Association (MOA): You will need to prepare a Memorandum of Association outlining the objectives, activities, share capital, and internal regulations of the proposed company. The MOA should be notarized and legalized.
- Articles of Association (AOA): The Articles of Association document defines the internal structure, management, and operational procedures of the company. It should be notarized and legalized.
- Board Resolution: If the shareholder or director of the proposed company is a corporate entity, you will need to provide a board resolution authorizing the company’s participation and designating an authorized signatory.
- Bank Reference Letter: You may be required to submit a bank reference letter for each shareholder, director, and authorized signatory. The letter should be issued by a recognized bank and should confirm the account holder’s good standing.
- Business Plan: A comprehensive business plan outlining the nature of your proposed business, market analysis, financial projections, and growth strategies may be required, depending on the nature and scale of your business.
- Proof of Address: You may need to provide proof of address for each shareholder, director, and authorized signatory. This can be in the form of a utility bill or bank statement, displaying the individual’s name and residential address.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC): If any of the shareholders or directors hold an existing UAE residence visa, a No Objection Certificate from the respective sponsor may be required.
It’s important to note that the specific document requirements may vary based on the type of company, the activities involved, and other factors. It is recommended to consult with DMCC directly or seek professional advice to ensure you have the accurate and updated list of documents required for your specific case.
Benefits of registering a company in Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC)
Certainly! Here are some key benefits of setting up a business in the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC):
- Strategic Location: DMCC is strategically located in Dubai, a global business hub connecting East and West. Its proximity to major transportation networks, including airports, seaports, and highways, provides easy access to markets across the Middle East, Asia, Europe, and Africa.
- Free Zone Advantages: As a free zone, DMCC offers several advantages to businesses. These include 100% foreign ownership, zero personal and corporate tax, full repatriation of capital and profits, and no currency restrictions. This allows companies to retain greater control over their operations and maximize their financial returns.
- Business-friendly Regulations: DMCC has a robust and transparent regulatory framework that ensures a secure and predictable business environment. The center has implemented efficient licensing and company formation processes, making it easier and faster for businesses to set up and operate within the free zone.
- Industry Focus: DMCC has a strong focus on commodities trading and related sectors. It provides a specialized ecosystem and a network of industry professionals, facilitating business opportunities and collaborations. This concentration of expertise and resources creates a favorable environment for companies operating in commodities, such as gold, diamonds, tea, coffee, energy, and more.
- State-of-the-art Infrastructure: DMCC offers modern and world-class infrastructure, including high-quality office spaces, warehouses, and logistics facilities. The center continuously invests in its infrastructure to support the evolving needs of businesses, providing them with a conducive environment to thrive and grow.
- Networking and Events: DMCC hosts a variety of networking events, industry conferences, and business seminars throughout the year. These events offer opportunities for businesses to connect with industry leaders, expand their networks, and stay updated on the latest trends and developments in their sectors.
- Supportive Services: DMCC provides a range of business services to support companies at every stage of their journey. These services include legal and financial advisory, visa assistance, banking support, and access to a dedicated customer service team. Such support ensures that businesses have the necessary resources and guidance to operate smoothly within the free zone.
- Sustainability Initiatives: DMCC is committed to promoting sustainable business practices. It encourages companies to adopt eco-friendly measures, such as energy conservation, waste management, and green building practices. This focus on sustainability aligns with global trends and enhances the reputation of businesses operating within the DMCC free zone.
These benefits make DMCC an attractive choice for businesses seeking to establish a presence in Dubai and leverage its position as a global trading hub. The center’s comprehensive support, business-friendly policies, and industry specialization create an environment conducive to growth and success.
Exact cost of registering a company in Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC)
- DMCC Company Formation Package: The cost of the company formation package offered by DMCC will depend on the type of license you require. It typically includes the registration fee, initial approval fee, and other administrative costs. The cost can range from AED 30,000 to AED 60,000 or more, depending on the license type and services included in the package.
- Office Space: DMCC requires companies to have physical office space within their jurisdiction. The cost of office space will vary based on factors such as location, size, and facilities. The rental cost can range from AED 25,000 to AED 150,000 or more per year, depending on the office size and location within the DMCC Free Zone.
- License Fee: DMCC charges an annual license fee, which varies depending on the type of license and business activity. The license fee can range from AED 10,000 to AED 50,000 or more, depending on the license type and the nature of your business activities.
- Visa Costs: If you need to sponsor employees or obtain residency visas, there will be costs associated with visa applications, medical tests, Emirates ID cards, and other related services. The visa costs can vary based on the number of visas required and the specific visa types. The approximate cost per visa, including application fees and medical tests, can range from AED 7,000 to AED 15,000 or more.
- Additional Services: Depending on your requirements, there may be additional costs for services such as accounting, legal consultation, company secretary, and other professional services. The costs for these services will depend on the service provider and the extent of the services required. It is advisable to consult with service providers to obtain accurate quotes for these additional services.