Dubai Science Park (DSP)
Get a Quotation
Dubai Science Park (DSP)
Dubai Science Park (DSP) is a vibrant hub for the scientific and healthcare industries located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It was established with the vision to foster innovation, research, and development within these sectors, ultimately contributing to the growth and diversification of the UAE’s economy.
As a dedicated free zone, DSP offers a range of specialized infrastructure and state-of-the-art facilities tailored to the unique needs of companies operating in the fields of life sciences, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and other related sectors. The park provides an ideal ecosystem for businesses to thrive, collaborate, and access a wide array of resources and support services.
One of the key advantages of setting up in Dubai Science Park is its strategic location, which places it in close proximity to leading academic institutions, healthcare facilities, and research centers. This close integration allows for seamless knowledge transfer, fostering a culture of innovation and driving advancements in scientific research and healthcare solutions.
DSP also plays a pivotal role in facilitating partnerships between industry players, academia, and government entities. Through various networking events, seminars, and conferences, the park fosters collaboration, knowledge-sharing, and business opportunities among its community members. This collaborative environment encourages the exchange of ideas, promotes research and development, and ultimately leads to the creation of groundbreaking solutions and technologies.
Business-focused offerings, Dubai Science Park is committed to creating a sustainable and eco-friendly environment. The park implements various initiatives to minimize its environmental impact and promote responsible practices among its stakeholders.
By choosing Dubai Science Park as a business destination, companies gain access to a supportive ecosystem, cutting-edge facilities, collaborative opportunities, and a network of like-minded professionals. Whether you are a start-up, a growing company, or an established industry player, Dubai Science Park provides the ideal platform to drive innovation, expand your business, and contribute to the advancement of science and healthcare in the region.
What Is The Process Of Registering A Company In Dubai Science Park (DSP)?
The process of registering a company in Dubai Science Park (DSP) typically involves the following steps:
- Business Plan: Prepare a comprehensive business plan that outlines your company’s activities, goals, and financial projections. This plan will serve as a crucial document during the registration process.
- Application Submission: Submit your company’s application to Dubai Science Park, providing all the necessary information and supporting documents as per their requirements. These may include company incorporation documents, shareholder information, passport copies, and the business plan.
- Legal Structure and Trade Name: Determine the legal structure of your company, whether it will be a Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC), a branch of a foreign company, or a representative office. Select a unique and suitable trade name for your company, ensuring it complies with DSP’s guidelines and is available for registration.
- Licensing: Identify the specific activities and licenses required for your business within DSP. Depending on your company’s nature, you may need licenses related to research and development, healthcare services, or other specialized activities. Obtain the necessary approvals and clearances from the relevant authorities.
- Office Space: Choose an office space within Dubai Science Park that suits your company’s requirements. DSP offers a range of facilities and office options to cater to different business needs.
- Lease Agreement: Enter into a lease agreement with DSP for the chosen office space. This agreement will outline the terms and conditions of tenancy, including rental fees, lease duration, and other relevant details.
- Bank Account: Open a corporate bank account in a reputable bank in the UAE. The bank will require certain documentation, such as your company’s trade license, lease agreement, and shareholder details.
- Visa and Immigration: Process the visa and immigration requirements for company shareholders, employees, and their dependents. This typically involves obtaining residence visas, Emirates ID cards, and medical fitness certificates.
- Registration and Licensing: Complete the registration process by obtaining the trade license and any additional licenses specific to your business activities. This step involves paying the necessary fees and fulfilling all legal obligations.
- Commence Operations: Once you have successfully obtained the necessary licenses, you can officially commence your business operations within Dubai Science Park.
It’s important to note that the exact requirements and procedures may vary based on the nature of your business, the legal structure chosen, and any specific regulations or guidelines set by Dubai Science Park. It is advisable to seek professional assistance or consult with the relevant authorities to ensure a smooth and compliant registration process for your company in DSP.
What Are The Documents Required To to register a company in Dubai Science Park (DSP)?
To obtain a license from Dubai Science Park (DSP), you will typically need to provide the following documents:
Application Form: Complete the DSP application form with accurate and detailed information about your company and its activities.
Business Plan: Prepare a comprehensive business plan that outlines your company’s objectives, market analysis, operational strategies, and financial projections.
Shareholder Documents: Provide copies of the shareholders’ passports or identification documents. In the case of corporate shareholders, you may need to submit the company’s incorporation documents.
Memorandum and Articles of Association (MOA): If your company is a Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC), you will need to provide a copy of the MOA, which defines the company’s structure, share capital, and management regulations.
Board Resolution: If you are establishing a branch of a foreign company, you may need to submit a board resolution from the parent company authorizing the establishment of the branch in DSP.
Trade Name Reservation Certificate: Obtain a valid trade name reservation certificate issued by the relevant authorities in Dubai. This certificate confirms the availability and approval of your chosen trade name.
Office Space Confirmation: Provide a confirmation of your office space within DSP, such as a lease agreement or a letter of intent.
Financial Documents: Submit audited financial statements for the past year (if applicable) and a bank reference letter. The financial statements demonstrate your company’s financial stability.
NOC from Sponsor: If you are transferring from another free zone or canceling an existing visa, you may need a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from your current sponsor.
Additional Approvals: Depending on the nature of your business activities, you might need additional approvals or clearances from regulatory bodies or authorities. This could include health authority approvals, research permits, or specific industry-related licenses.
It’s important to note that the exact document requirements may vary depending on the nature of your business, the legal structure chosen, and any specific regulations or guidelines set by Dubai Science Park. It is advisable to consult with DSP or seek professional assistance to ensure you have all the necessary documents in order to obtain the license smoothly.
Advantages Of Registering A Company In Dubai Science Park (DSP)?
Registering a company in Dubai Science Park (DSP) offers several advantages for businesses operating in the scientific, healthcare, and related industries. Here are some key advantages of choosing DSP as your business destination:
Specialized Free Zone: DSP is a dedicated free zone designed specifically for the scientific and healthcare sectors. It provides a tailored environment with advanced infrastructure, specialized facilities, and industry-specific services to meet the unique needs of companies in these fields.
Proximity to Leading Institutions: DSP is strategically located in close proximity to renowned academic institutions, research centers, and healthcare facilities. This proximity facilitates collaboration, knowledge exchange, and access to talent, creating a vibrant ecosystem for innovation and research.
Supportive Business Environment: DSP offers a supportive business environment, with streamlined processes and efficient government services. The free zone authority provides assistance in company formation, licensing, and other administrative procedures, making it easier for businesses to establish and operate within DSP.
Networking and Collaboration Opportunities: DSP fosters collaboration and networking among its community members. It organizes regular events, seminars, and conferences, bringing together industry professionals, researchers, and government entities. These events offer opportunities for knowledge-sharing, partnerships, and business growth.
State-of-the-Art Infrastructure: DSP provides state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities tailored to the needs of scientific and healthcare companies. This includes specialized laboratories, research centers, cleanrooms, manufacturing facilities, and office spaces equipped with advanced technologies and equipment.
Business Support Services: DSP offers a range of business support services to facilitate company growth and expansion. These services may include assistance with legal and regulatory compliance, intellectual property protection, market intelligence, access to funding, and guidance on government incentives and grants.
Access to Local and Global Markets: Dubai’s strategic location and excellent connectivity make it a gateway to regional and global markets. By establishing your company in DSP, you can leverage Dubai’s robust logistics infrastructure, extensive air and sea connections, and well-established business networks to expand your reach and access new markets.
Attractive Incentives: Companies registered in DSP can benefit from various incentives offered by the free zone authority. These may include tax exemptions, customs duty waivers, simplified visa processes, and 100% foreign ownership. These incentives enhance the competitiveness and profitability of businesses operating within DSP.
Focus on Sustainability: DSP is committed to sustainability and environmental stewardship. The free zone implements green initiatives, promotes energy efficiency, and encourages sustainable practices among its community members. This focus on sustainability aligns with global trends and enhances the reputation of businesses operating within DSP.
Thriving Ecosystem: By registering in DSP, you become part of a thriving ecosystem of like-minded companies, researchers, innovators, and industry experts. This ecosystem provides opportunities for collaboration, partnerships, and access to a diverse pool of talent and expertise.
These advantages make Dubai Science Park an attractive destination for companies in the scientific and healthcare sectors, offering a conducive environment for growth, innovation, and business success.
What Is The Exact Cost Of Registering A Company In Dubai Science Park (DSP)?
The cost of registering a company in Dubai Science Park (DSP) varies depending on the type of license you need. For a trading license, the cost is AED 10,000 (USD 2,750) plus the cost of a virtual office or a physical office space. For a services license, the cost is AED 2,565 (USD 690) plus the cost of a virtual office or a physical office space. You will also need to pay a compliance fee of AED 350 (USD 92).
Here is a breakdown of the costs involved in registering a company in DSP:
- License fee: AED 10,000 (USD 2,750) for a trading license, AED 2,565 (USD 690) for a services license
- Virtual office or physical office space: AED 5,000 (USD 1,375) per year
- Compliance fee